Crowns are needed when the tooth is badly damaged by either trauma or decay. In many cases when Root Canal Treatment is performed on the tooth, a crown needs to be done as well to protect the tooth.
Significantly stronger than normal fillings, Inlays and Onlays, crowns protect teeth that otherwise may eventually break and become untreatable. Crowns cover the entire tooth surface and are made of Full Porcelain, Zirconia or Porcelain over Metal. With advances in materials and techniques, crowns can give you the strength, beauty and translucency of a natural tooth.
What Crowns Do For You
1. Protect teeth that is too badly broken down and may break easily.
2. Protect teeth that are cracked (Cracked Tooth Syndrome).
3. Made entirely of Zirconia, which is strong and durable. In some cases, they may be...
1. Consultation appointment (Approximately 30 min)
2. First appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
3. Our dentists will work with our in-house laboratory to fabricate the crowns for you.
4. Second appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
5. Review of completed crowns....
FAQs on Crowns
1. What are these tooth-coloured fillings made of and how safe are they?
2. Does removing existing silver filling from teeth hurt?
3. How do I know if I am allergic to this new material?
4. Should I have amalgam fillings removed because they contain mercury?
5. How much does ...
Do note that in some cases when patients have parafunctional habits like night-grinding (Bruxism) or clenching, night-guards may be prescribed for protection of your crowns and remaining teeth.